There are approximately 3 million businesses that rely on Grainger for products like safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies so they can successfully operate, maintain and repair their facilities.
We have a long and proud history as an industry leader. As a distributor, we don't make anything; our customers can buy what we offer from anywhere else. It's our talented people and positive company culture that differentiate us in the marketplace.
COME FIND OUT WHAT THE “G“ MEANS
At Grainger, we believe your career path is important, and we work hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and professional growth.
The Customer Service Associate role provides superior service and product delivery that will meet and exceed the needs of Grainger customers. This role is responsible for ensuring all interactions with customers (both in-person and over the phone) are personal, consistent, and efficient in order to provide an excellent and memorable customer experience.
Additionally, this position provides a terrific foundation for future growth in the company. It's anticipated that within the first 12-24 months from their hire date, Customer Service Associates who consistently master the competencies outlined below are typically ready to advance into a Sales Associate role as they become available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Focus. Effectively interacting with customers in a face-to-face environment, taking time to understand their needs, and being comfortable with acquired product knowledge to efficiently recommend the best solution. Assisting customers with loading products into their vehicle.
Collaborative Mindset. Working with others in a team environment to help accomplish company goals. Leveraging continuous improvement tools to identify problems and reduce waste. Supporting sales partners to address the needs of the customer, and helping to grow the business. Taking personal ownership in meeting both individual and team metrics.
Sales Acumen. Ability to understand customer needs in order to generate lead opportunities, including the ability to ask probing questions, and show strong listening skills. Recognizing possible cross-selling opportunities, and having the ability to successfully convert inquiries into orders.
Grainger Service Promise. Demonstrating the company values, resolving customer problems promptly and accurate, and promoting customer loyalty. Leveraging technology to provide relevant information to the customer (product pricing, availability, and alternate options) and asking for the sale.
Administrative Duties. Using the CIC to efficiently record and process orders, faxes, pending returns, returns, debits, credits, sourcing orders, inquiries, feedback and quotes. Organizing and re-routing mail. Filing of tickets, reports, and other documents.
Professional Development. Committing to professional learning and growth by asking for performance feedback, coaching, and participating in the creation of an individual development plan. Participating in product training courses, as well as additional required training to ensure proper compliance of HAZMAT and refrigerant when processing transactions.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Degree, or equivalent
- Proficiency with operating a computer
- Ability to learn required software programs, including SAP
- Ability to learn and pass competency assessments related to industry regulatory requirements
- 1-2 years of customer service and sales experience
- Ability to operate powered industrial equipment (as needed)
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Ability and willingness to work in a warehouse environment (on a consistent basis during your initial training period, and an as-needed basis thereafter).
To be successful in the Grainger culture, our employees have a strong focus on:
- Wowing the customer - seeing situations from their point of view, and starting with “yes“
- Having a winning attitude - taking calculated risk and treating the business as their own
- Driving for best results - working hard with integrity and bases decisions on facts
- Making the team better - proactively taking responsibility for the team's success
- Leading the way - creating a safe, positive and inclusive work environment
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Honolulu
Nearest Secondary Market: Hawaii
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology