A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Grp Inc.
Reimbursement Specialist- Professional Billing
Performs duties necessary to facilitate payment from third party payers. This includes correct billing, statusing and collection from third parties, computing correct reimbursement, processing incoming and outgoing correspondence, and maintaining a working knowledge of current contracts and government regulations for multiple entities. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Associate's degree in business, or equivalent experience in Medical Billing, Receivables or Collection preferred.
Successfully pass EUPA's for all Epic applications associated with position within the first 90
days in the position
- Strong computer and general office equipment knowledge required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding, National Billing forms, third-party payers, managed care, reimbursement and regulatory compliance preferred.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute is necessary.
- Must be an effective communicator with payors, customers internal and external and co-workers.
- Must be able to quickly analyze communication style based on nature and approach of verbal inquiry.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
- Accountable for ensuring claims are compliant with all payer specifications; State, Federal and HIPAA regulations.
- Resolves billing issues up front to promote better reimbursement, reduce outstanding revenue and time spent on working rejections or additional claim follow up.
- Prepares documentation to maximize reimbursement.
- Analyze assignment of all CPT-4, ICD-10, UB04, HCFA 1500 and charges for accuracy and to maximize reimbursement from third party payers
- Critically analyze and process third party and internal information requests and rejections in an effort to resolve accounts receivable.
- Critically analyze and process documents for resolution of third party liabilities, outstanding credits and un-billed accounts.
- Make all necessary adjustments and refunds to accounts and critique contractual allowances and other arrangements per explanation of benefits and payor contracts.
- Responsible for complete understanding and application of current contracts and governmental regulations including referrals for legal intervention for multiple entities.
- Proficient in the revenue cycle process via multiple computer systems including but not limited to: Internal systems: EPIC, SSI, and External systems such as payer claims and eligibility systems.
- Verifies insurance eligibility using automated on-line systems.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1211 Pt Acct-Professional Billing (BHG)