Verita Telecommunications Corp.
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for the termination, splicing and testing of fiber optic cable within a fiber network using an OTDR power meter and other electronic test equipment. Responsible for troubleshooting issues and repairing fiber optic cable within the communications system. Maintain test equipment, and tools for continuous use. Requires the use of bucket truck, aerial lift and platform equipment in diverse environments and in all weather conditions. Extensive travel and overnight stays required.
Education / Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Company will provide industry training and certifications if not already secured.
- CDL is a plus.
- Ability to install and test fiber cable in a variety of environments such as aerial and underground construction.
- Experience using fiber optic color code as well as bond and ground fibers according to specs.
- Ability to terminate fiber optic cable and splice closures within aerial and underground environments.
- Ability to read and build from blueprints and wire diagrams.
- Mechanically sound and able to problem solve issues.
Physical Requirements / Aptitude:
- Computer skills such as email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., - unassisted.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in groups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.