Sure, you could drive a truck for lots of companies, but how much more fun would it be to deliver beer, wine and spirits, develop friendships with your customers, and have a feeling of family as you bring in your truck at the end of every day?
Eat. Sleep. Deliver Beer. Repeat: Our drivers are home nightly after getting in a good workout hauling and delivering our beverages around Michigan. We take great pride in choosing drivers who can handle the hard work, drive safely, and greet our customers with a smile on their face. This position requires a CDL-A and will leave from our Kalamazoo warehouse Monday-Friday mornings.
Like a fine wine, Imperial Beverage has been getting better with age since 1933. We are a Michigan family-owned beverage distributor and we are passionate about helping others succeed at work and in the community. We only hire those with passion, integrity, customer focus and the desire for hard work. Once all the work is done at our fast-paced company, we also like to have fun and lots of it!
Will work for beer? Great! Working for a beverage distributor has its perks. Not only will you get to learn about and sample our products, but we also include health, dental and vision insurance, a 401K match, a generous PTO policy, and free uniforms.
A Day in the Life
- Arrive to the warehouse in the morning to perform your pre-trip inspection
- Verify accuracy and proper loading of product on your truck
- Drive your truck to assigned grocery stores, gas stations, bars and restaurants
- Accurately unload product and deliver each case and keg to a specified area
- Collect payments for product
- Resolve and report customer issues and requests
- Safely operate delivery vehicle according to DOT rules and regulations
- Return to the warehouse after all deliveries have been made
- Verify any returns, empty containers and payments collected
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current Commercial Driver's License- Class A
- 19 years of age or older
- Customer service skills
- Flexibility to work with varying shift end times
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull an average of 50 pounds and move up to 165 pounds
- Ability to perform physical and driving tasks while being exposed to varying weather conditions
- Good driving record