Requisition Number: AK20K-003-R01 Full-time Store Manager in JuneauThe Salvation Army Thrift Store in Juneau, Alaska is hiring a full-time Store Manager! Health benefits available for full-time employees.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Store Manager plans, organizes, structures, and supervises the daily operations of a Thrift Store. The position works in all aspects of daily store operations and ensures that all merchandizing and sales efforts are carried out with efficiency, effectiveness,
and courtesy. The position ensures financial success and employee satisfaction through the attainment of measurable objectives, which must be accomplished to meet the demands of the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain excellent customer relations by giving prompt and courteous assistance to customers.
2. Maintain cash register, ring in sales, corrections, and over-rings. Verify credit card denials or rejected credit cards. Collect credit cards from customers per machine instructions.
3. Order merchandise and maintain adequate amount of goods on hand. Price merchandise, pull outdated items, label and return items to warehouse.
4. Supervise the receipt of donations and completion of donation receipts.
5. Respond to telephone inquiries, routing calls appropriately.
6. Supervise staff and delegate duties to ensure compliance with published directives and guidelines. Help to ensure sufficient coverage in store at all times.
7. Calculate daily deposit, sales reports, and bank cash receipts as directed, safe- guarding cash at all times.
8. Assure safety of employees, property, and buildings. Report all accidents, injuries, and safety hazards. Report need for maintenance and ensure store cleanliness inside and out.
9. Schedule staff meal and break periods to ensure uninterrupted store coverage. Review and approve Family Store employee time sheets and submit to payroll.
10. Conduct staff training, hold staff meetings, perform 90-day and annual employee performance appraisals, and provide counseling and disciplinary actions as indicated.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed primarily in a heated and ventilated store setting. Noise level is low. Brief exposure to hot, cold, and inclement weather when managing the receipt of donations.
Speaking, sitting, bending, walking, pushing, pulling, standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, handling, fingering, climbing, and balancing. Hearing and visual acuity must be within normal limits. Lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be
able to operate a motor vehicle.
1. High school diploma or equivalency.
2. Three years of supervisory experience in a retail operation or equivalent structured environment, with display and marketing experience preferred.
3. Ability to operate cash register and handle monetary transactions.
4. Knowledge of general office equipment to include telephone, computer, copier, fax machine, and calculator.
5. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; be responsible, well organized, and dependable.
7. Must be bondable and have an acceptable criminal history and driving record.