Responsibilities include sampling and performing routine laboratory testing of aggregate material.
Use prescribed standards to determine chemical and/or physical characteristics for quality control purposes and to determine conformity to specifications.
The successful candidate will be expected to be QC Certified in subsequent months following hire
- Set up, adjustment and operation of laboratory equipment and instrumentations such as agitators, scales, ovens and other lab equipment required.
- Work around industrial equipment and machinery to obtain materials samples from production facilities such as conveyors, stockpiles, rail cars and/or customer sites.
- Record test results in AggQC and/or standardized forms.
- Report and communicate test results internally and externally (DOT and other customers as required).
- Clean, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Inspect stockpiles for proper construction. Inspect haul units for cleanliness.
- Maintain test data files.
- Assist in investigating and resolving customer technical problems.
- Become GDOT certified within a reasonable time.
- Participate as a team member.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required; technical degree preferred
- State certified for aggregate field and laboratory testing in GA preferred; ability to obtain state certification required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in quality control in an aggregate or construction environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and computer skills
- Must have basic math skills
- Proactive in safety and works well in a team environment
- Minimal travel required