This position would be responsible for the safe operation of mining equipment. This is a driller position but this role would be required to perform other mining related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for safely operating a downhole drill in the mining process that would require drilling the blast design layout.
- Operating other equipment periodically will be required; this could include operating haul trucks, loaders, skid loaders, stationary processing plant equipment, and other mining equipment
- Perform daily inspection of vehicle and equipment
- Observe visual and auditory signals during vehicle operation
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance (including servicing, greasing, light mechanics) on assigned equipment and refer major defects on equipment to supervisor; requires keeping equipment clean
- Assist in repairs/maintenance to drill, mobile and stationary equipment
- Perform other mining/maintenance activities when necessary
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- At least 1 year previous experience in a role with similar responsibilities preferred
- Weekend work as required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check