As a Manufacturing Process Engineer at EaglePicher, you will be the process owner and technical SME for all processes in your designated site and area(s). Your primary responsibility will be to provide the operations team with world-class processes, equipment, and tools to ensure batteries are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet the mission-critical quality standards our Defense customers demand. Passion for process improvement is required. Obsession is preferred!
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, document, maintain, and improve manufacturing processes
- Spec, procure, and implement capital equipment
- Support automation projects
- Design tooling and fixtures
- Create and maintain process work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Train manufacturing personnel on new processes and equipment
- Troubleshoot and solve process and equipment issues
- Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Review new product designs for manufacturability and provide input to design team
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical discipline
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of dimensioning and tolerance analysis
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Experienced and knowledgeable with automated assembly equipment
- Technical writing experience
- Solid Modeling 3D CAD design software experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- High energy and self-motivated with a passion for process improvement
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Battery industry experience (especially Thermal batteries)
- Experience with powder metal processing (powder feeding, pellet pressing/consolidation, etc.)
- Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies
- Experience with welding/metal joining (laser, resistance, tig, etc.)
- Robotics and process/assembly automation experience
- Automated inspection experience (vision systems, etc.)
- Experience with formal process validation methods such as IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Experience with statistical data collection, analysis and reporting
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma methodology knowledge and experience
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEESome of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.