New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Department of Basic Sciences' mission is to provide quality preclinical education for medical students, to educate and train graduate and undergraduate biomedical scientists, to carry out basic research of recognized excellence, and to participate in governance and leadership in the College of Osteopathic Medicine at NYIT and in appropriate national scientific and professional societies.
We are seeking a part time Research Assistant at the Arkansas campus (NYITCOM at A-State) to assist in the laboratory research. The main research interest of our laboratory is to understand the role of osteopathic manipulative medicine in treating migraine using rodent models of headache. Both in vitro and in invo techniques will be adopted to address scientific questions.
The ideal Research Assistant candidate should have experience in biomedical research. Hands-on experience with handling live animals is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist principal investigator in execution of experiments, data collection and analysis, and maintain experimental records.
- Perform in vivo studies in rats and mice – rodent handling, performing injections in live animals and behavioral testing.
- Perform in vitro studies using tissues and cells – immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical staining and microscopy, ELISA, Western Blot, etc.
- Handle general lab maintenance and ordering.
- High school diploma
- Experience in biomedical research
- Experience working with basic science laboratory equipment.
- BS or MS in physiology, biology or biochemistry
- Experience with in vivo behavioral assays
- Strong work ethics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity