Requisition Number: YOUNG03861
Located at 500 Parks Ave., the Joliet Early Learning Center provides high quality, affordable early childhood education programs. Equipped with 13 classrooms serving children from infancy – school age up to 12 years old, and a large gross motor room for indoor play. Staff can be relaxed in their own resource room. We even have a spacious area for center and community-wide meetings
The talented staff members at Joliet have dedicated their careers to early childhood education and are committed to helping you to be the best teacher you can be. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!
The Young Preschool Teacher will create a stimulating learning environment by:
- Providing a nurturing setting for infants, toddlers and parents
- Developing learning centers that are attractive and exciting to infants and toddlers
- Partnering with co-teachers on best practices and creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Encouraging infants and toddlers to engage, discover, and problem-solve
- Supporting continuous collaboration with parents and families
Education, Experience, and Required Skills
- Infant / Toddler CDA or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education / related required with a minimum of 6 credits in ECE or Teacher Qualified based on DCFS licensing standards required
- ECE Credential Level 4 preferred
- Minimum one year of professional experience working with children in a classroom setting preferred
ONE HOPE UNITED VALUES:
- Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another | We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Turn Hope into Action | We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day | We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving | We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
We Invest in You
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Up to 4 weeks paid Vacation Days; up to 6 paid Personal Days and up to 5 paid Sick days annually
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and short-term disability options
- Agency paid life up to $50K based on salary
- Voluntary Supplemental Life for Employee, Spouse and Child(ren)
- Voluntary Legal Plans
- Agency paid long term after 1 year of employment
- Enterprise Fleet car availability for high mileage drivers
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Free LCSW and LCPC Supervision hours available in some locations
A Different Kind of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
“child care teacher“ , daycare , day care , “careers with children“ , teacher , infant teacher , toddler teacher , “day school teacher“ , preschool teacher , preschool education , early education , early learning , early learning , “early childhood education“ , “early childhood development“ , child development , kindergarten ,
Chicagoland, West Side Chicago, St. Charles, BNSF Railway (BNSF) Metra , Des Plaines , Wheaton , Naperville , Romeoville , West Dundee , Aurora , Burlington , Bolingbrook