HARRAH'S JOLIET CASINO & HOTEL – For seven straight years, Harrah's Joliet was named one of Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For!
Caesars Entertainment, is the world's largest provider of casino entertainment, with 50-plus destinations in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Our 60,000 employees are a diverse, committed team of people who strive for excellence each and every day. At Caesars Entertainment, we understand everyone has special talents. We strive to help individuals make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars the leader in the hotel and casino industry. Join our team!
- Creates and ensures a fun-filled and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
- Responsible for the accurate check-in and check-out of each guest.
- Ensures that all guest contact is courteous, informative and thorough.
- Ensures that Housekeeping cleans all rooms prior to issuing keys.
- Responsible for posting charges, settling folios for individuals, groups and due-outs communicated through Housekeeping.
- Receives cash, checks, credit cards and comps in payment, obtaining proper approval and authorization.
- Maintains an operating bank, renders bills and issues change.
- Provides reservations for Casino/Hotel guests, which includes airline, restaurants, and special events both on and off the property.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all messages, mail and packages left for guests and departments within the Hotel/Casino.
- Is responsible for the control of safe deposit transactions.
- Works closely with Senior Executive Host to ensure that all complimentary and high-end amenity offerings are provided consistent with the agreed upon arrangements.
- Empowered to ensure guests' problems/complaints are resolved in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Hotel, Community and Special Events to provide guests with superior service.
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic demeanor to guests, both internal and external at all times.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures.
- Completes all other duties assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Experience in data entry and in dealing with the public is required.
- Prior experience within the hospitality or related industry is preferred.
- Computer usage skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and LMS system knowledge is preferred.
- A working knowledge of the Joliet and Greater Chicagoland area would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Position requires 90% standing, 10% walking.
- Requires some pushing and twisting.
- Requires some bending, kneeling, climbing, stooping and frequent reaching above and below shoulders. Must be able to respond to touch, speech, smell, aural and visual cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second-hand smoke.
- Fast-paced environment involving constant public contact.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for long periods of time.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As a part of Harrah's Joliet Casino & Hotel's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Harrah's Joliet Casino & Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.