Employee shall assist ACES professionals in the delivery of adult education programs such as Tuition Assistance Eligibility, Army Personnel Testing, GoArmyEd Enrollment, and Review of Soldiers academic history.
- Promote lifelong learning opportunities through degree programs, testing opportunities, and other certification programs available to Soldiers and family members.
- Be professional and knowledgeable of all Army Continuous Education Services (ACES) Programs and Services.
- Acknowledge and determine the reason for client visits or contact and refer appropriately.
- Ensure GoArmyEd account access requests are approved or rejected. Ensure client understands the reason for rejection.
- Ensure a contact note is documented within GoArmyEd when a client fails to comply with requests for additional information pertaining to a tuition assistance request.
- Review tuition assistance request for accuracy and ensure all required information and documents are uploaded in GoArmyEd eFile prior to approval by the ESS.
- Provide guidance to clients on applying for tuition assistance through GoArmyEd. Ensure client understand request must be approved before the course start date
- Assist clients in establishing educational goals, develop plans to achieve those goals, and monitor progress.
- Provide guidance to clients concerning how to navigate the VIAsmart link within GoArmyEd and how to select a college major and/or school in VIA.
- Provide guidance to clients about how to create a course planner in GoArmyEd. Ensure TA request meets degree requirements. Ensure clients understand the course planner approval process.
- Monitor course planner queue and review, approve, or reject degree plan and/or course planner. Ensure completion as determined by the ESS.
- Contact clients via email and/or telephone of accepting a GoArmyEd helpdesk case. Ensure helpdesk case is closed, escalated, or returned. Ensure completion as determined by the ESS.
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries. Ensure contact with clients is annotated in GoArmyEd student contact sheet. Ensure completion as determined by the ESS.
- Ensure clients are aware of how to apply for and maintain an active Joint Service Transcript account.
- Provide guidance to clients concerning how to navigate the Joint Service Transcript website, how to print a transcript, and how to forward transcripts to a college or university.
- Review clients previous academic history, to include but not limited to: transcripts, certifications, and manually recalculate a Grade Point Average (GPA) worksheet, if warranted. Ensure worksheet is uploaded in GoArmyEd.
- Apply and/or remove holds to clients GoArmyEd account in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 625-1 or other education policy.
- Review all facts concerning Exception to Policy TA After-the-Fact request. Ensure clients understand the criteria for submission. Document and assist the ESS with packet submission to HQ ACES.
- Explain to clients the criteria for submitting a Request for TA Recoupment Waiver – Withdrawal for Military (WM) Reasons.
- Review Request for TA Recoupment Waiver – Withdrawal for Military (WM) Reasons for accuracy and completeness prior to coordination with ESS.
- Consult ESS prior to escalating helpdesk cases or issues for their review and/or determination.
- Inform higher education officials and unit personnel of education changes/updates as they occur.
- Provide instructions to higher education institutions concerning GoArmyEd invoicing, grading, and Student Agreement/Degree Plan requirements.
- Provide information to clients concerning Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), scholarships, and other financial aid opportunities.
- Assist clients in navigating Veterans Administration (VA) and other educational related websites.
- Provide information to clients (electronically or in person) on Veterans Education Benefits to include Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB).
- Guide and assist clients with Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) application or other similar issue and/or refer to the ESS or SLRP help desk.
- Assist clients in applying for admission to programs such as Troops-To-Teachers, Inter-service Physician Assistant Program (IPAP), and Commissioning Programs.
- Prepare and conduct Power-Point education briefings for clients/units on education to include but not limited to: testing, GoArmyEd, Tuition Assistance, etc.
- Assist/prepare reports/documents using Excel/Power Point/Word for ACES headquarters/units/commanders regarding education information.
- Thoroughly document all verbal and written communication of services provided to clients in their GoArmyEd student contact sheet.
- Update, remove and/or replace education literature such as books, brochures, magazine, and handouts as determined by the ESS.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Associate’s degree or higher degree from a college or university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position. –OR-Combination of education and experience- courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study appropriate to the position.
- Must be proficient with MS office computer programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and ensure ability to access all required training tool
- Must possess communicative skills (verbal & nonverbal)
This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No travel is expected for this contract.
Catapult Learning provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.