Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience Research Planning and Logistics group is seeking a Senior Research Associate – Systems Analyst to join our team.
The position will partner with and support Product Analysts, Research teams, Research Seed Production, Seed Production and Supply Chain, and key Stakeholders to support our goal of implementing data-driven decision-making processes in demand planning, seed scheduling, order processing and inventory management for the Research Seed Planning and Logistics team. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining analytical tools we build and continuously improve to align with short-term and long-term goals by providing long-term strategic insights to optimize performance. You will provide key stakeholders with tools (dashboards, reports, etc) that enable better tracking and monitoring of metrics or KPIs. You will compile and synthesize analytical insights and implement action items to continuously improve. This role will also have responsibilities in operational support for the Research Seed Planning and Logistics team.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Develop necessary data reporting and troubleshooting tools through PowerBI and SQL to assist Research Planning and Logistics team with improved methods of tracking.
- Develop and maintain key KPIs
- Develop creative solutions to reporting challenges that result from data flowing across non-standard systems.
- Develop training and support documents on system procedures.
- Identify solutions for improving the data reporting systems and information structures.
- Develop standalone reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Function as a “subject matter expert” on Research Seed Planning and Logistics team data management related issues.
- Deliver undiscovered insights to the team and key partners through data analysis that compel changes in strategy and operational decisions.
- Drive analytics projects from initial concept to execution: translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
- Manage data collection, statistical analysis, data integrity and maintenance of systems which deal with aspects of research seed planning and logistics.
- Develop tools that enable systematic collection of demand, inventory, seed movement, and orders to be used in operations and for customers from multiple relational databases.
- Develop approaches for comprehensive analysis of multiple data types and effective data visualization. Ability to troubleshoot complex databases and systems, as well as identify and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- Demonstrate resilience and adaptability to a fluid work environment and changes in project priorities.
- Identify problems, initiate corrective actions, and maintain regular communications with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Provide input into developing Business Plans, Goals, Product Specifications and Quality Management procedures and documentation.
- Conduct personal and professional development. Develop and maintain general and technical skills, as well as knowledge of Centralized Research Production and Seed Handling Operations.
- Support Research Seed Planning and Logistics team with Demand Planning, Seed Movement, Order Processing, and Inventory Management of all crops.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
Bachelor’s degree in Plant Breeding, Plant biology, Genetics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Agronomy, Ag business or related field of study is required.
Masters of Science in Business Analytics in preferred.
- 2 years of experience in an agriculture, genetics, biology, seed production or related area required.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and/or creating dashboards in PowerBI to inform and effectively communicate insights to stakeholders
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access applications
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Organization, time management, and communication skills that allow for working in a multitask environment are required.
- Working knowledge in data management (working with large datasets), statistical analysis, and root cause analysis
- Team skills with ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive and willing to learn and take on extra responsibility
The following skill sets are preferred:
- Knowledge of agriculture, seed production, seed testing and plant breeding/genetics
- Experience with analytical tools, (Python, R, JMP, SAS, etc)
- Working knowledge of inventory systems, such as PRISM, SAP R/3, SPIN
- Six Sigma, LEAN and/or APICS CPIM certification
- Ability to provide training for proper use of computer systems.
- Adaptability to a fluid work environment and changes in project priorities
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!