Lead Cook, No Late Nights
Meadowview of Johnston, a new senior care campus that opened earlier this year, is hiring a creative Full-Time Lead Cook with 2+ years of kitchen experience to join our beautiful facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff.
Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents. In this role, you will also run the department when the Culinary Director is unavailable.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule including some weekends. Flexible hours between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm
Starting Pay: $18.00 / hour
Lead Cook responsibilities:
- Run the department when Culinary Director is unavailable.
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Follow and understand diet restrictions and modifications.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Cook skills and requirements:
- 2+ years experience in institutional and/or quantity cooking equivalent required.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with others.
- Competitive wages with credit for experience
- Tuition Discount Opportunities/ Scholarships/ Student Loan Forgiveness (site specific, ask for details)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403(b) or 401(k) with employer match
- Healthcare, dental, health savings, vision, life, disability, & flex spending options for Full-Time employees
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees
- Employee Discount Program
- Longevity Recognition, Paid Volunteer Time, and Mentorship Programs
- Collaborative and Inclusive Work Culture
- Employee Assistance Program with free confidential counseling/coaching for self and family members
Meadowview of Johnston is a part of Cassia. Cassia is a faith-based, nonprofit organization with over 200 years of experience caring for those in need. Our Mission is to foster fullness of life for older adults in the spirit of Christs love. We take pride in providing compassionate care for our residents by embracing our eight values and service standards: Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect and Collaboration.
At Cassia, you will be empowered to foster fullness of life for those we serve. Cassia will support your career goals and celebrate your passions. If you are seeking a career experience where you will have fun, be challenged, and recognized for your individuality, Cassia is the answer.
I AM Cassia... Are You?
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer