ChildServe’s talented team of therapists specialize in pediatric rehab and work together to create plans specific to each child’s need. In the role of Inpatient Speech Language Pathologist you will provide comprehensive family-centered speech-language pathology services to children in our inpatient service at our Johnston location and residential group homes in the Des Moines metro.
What You’ll Do
- Administer appropriate standardized tests/screenings/informal assessments/clinical observations
- Provide interpretation and/or counseling of test results to children and young adults/caregivers as well as ongoing feedback regarding progress
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team, including the physician and physician sub-specialist with developing, implementing, and revising the therapy plan of care based on initial and ongoing assessments, and as required by policy/regulation
- Develop individualized plan of care as appropriate to meet the needs of the child and young adult/caregiver including appropriate frequency and duration
- Provide specialized pediatric treatment activities to children and young adults in a high-acuity environment that includes treating children with complex respiratory needs who may have tracheostomies and require ventilation
- Participates in care team communication including team meetings and family care meetings as needed
What You’ll Need
- A master’s degree in a Speech Language Pathology program and Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- 1+ years in clinical practice with pediatric experience preferred
- Experience in feeding and swallowing assessment and treatment required
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
- Typical business hours
- Monday -Friday with occasional weekend avaialbity
Who We Are
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here’s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great
- We’re not your average non-profit. We serve 4,600 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we’re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We’re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you’ve made a difference for kids and families? Let’s move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.