Responsible for providing diagnostic and treatment services to individuals and their families who have or who are suspected of having mental health, substance abuse or intellectual disability problems. There are multiple openings across Northeast Tennessee.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Master's degree in mental health related area required.
Licensure: Must possess the highest level of licensure appropriate to degree.
Certification: Must possess the highest level of certification appropriate to degree.
Experience: Experience in clinical practice preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
Verbal/written communication skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct interviews with individuals and/or family members in a therapeutic manner so as to obtain critical and thorough information, provide written documentation of information obtained and exercise good judgment in evaluating situations, making decisions and implementing effective strategies.
- Formulate an accurate DSM diagnosis based on information obtained.
- Provide appropriate therapeutic interventions using a variety of counseling techniques and modalities including individual, collateral, group and/or family therapy.
- Provide written documentation to complete all necessary chart work in accordance with agency policy on admissions, treatment and discharges in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality according to agency policies.
- Provide information, referral and linkage with area resources and agencies.
- Remain current in knowledge of community resources and how to access those resources.
- Keep supervisors apprised of all critical or potential emergency situations.
- Responds to emergency/crisis or walk-in situations calmly, rationally and in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Provide consultation and education services to the community as requested by supervisor/administration.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and inservices and individual program planning staffings as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.