Process Technician (2nd Shift)
Responsible for the aseptic processing tissue including bone, soft tissue and osteoarticular grafts. To product frozen, fresh and freeze-dried allografts to be used for transplantation. Sterilizes and maintains all clean room processing areas and equipment. Cut and shape, measure, package, verify, reconcile and prepare tissues for microbiological testing.Responsibilities
- Aseptically processes tissue while maintaining sterility of the cleanroom.
- Cleans and sanitize work area and all equipment and all supplies.
- Responsible for all quality checks on the processed tissues and paperwork prior to release.
- Able to operate surgical machinery to prepare grafts for implantation.
- Supports and maintains supplies and equipment used in core production.
- Performs all post-process functions including reconciliation.
- Checks sterility of self, work orders, supplies, tissue and environment on a daily basis.
- Document all processing activities completely and accurately on processing paperwork.
- Accurately measure, label and packages tissue.
- Transfer of donors into core and the transfer of tissues to the quarantine locations.
- The removal of trash and bio waste from core.
- Works with potential biological hazardous material.
- Able to lift 40 pounds daily.
- Train new technicians
- Assists on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned. (exempt)
- Minimum two years’ experience in one of the following areas:
Tissue Banking, central sterile supply, or surgical technician
Production experience in a sterile environment in the pharmaceutical or medical field.
Position requiring use of hand tools or procedures involving hand-eye coordination.
High school degree. College course work in the life sciences helpful.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Able to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP’s, QSR’s and SUP’s
- Must be able to maintain a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work for up to four hours without a rest break