Dempsey Uniform is hiring Production Associates for our plant near Scranton, PA!
We are looking for Full-time Production Workers starting immediately! We offer solid jobs with a family owned company that continues to grow!
Are you looking for first shift work? Do you enjoy having weekends and holidays off? Looking for an extra day off during the week? We offer full-time opportunities working 1st shift, 4 day work weeks (6:00am to 4:30pm). No experience necessary. Onsite training will be provided. All full time Production hourly rates start at or above $13.30 per hour to start!
Wage & Benefits:
- Weekly Pay
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid life and disability insurances
- Uniforms Provided
- Advancement opportunities
Production Positions Open for Immediate Hire:
- Large Piece Operator: Feeds large piece items (table cloths, sheets, large towels) onto feeder belts that carry these items into machine for ironing and folding of clean linen.
- Small Piece Operator: Feeds small piece linen (napkins, aprons, pillow cases) onto feeder belts that carry these items into machine for ironing and folding of clean linen.
- Linen Catcher: Catches clean linen items as they exit the folding machine or ironer. Lifts stacks of folded linen items off the transport conveyor and loads onto transport racks.
Soil Sorter: Sorts incoming soiled items (i.e. napkins, tablecloths, bed sheets, towels, etc.) that have been used by our customers.
Successful Dempsey Employees:
- Have a superior work ethic and are self motivated to improve their performance each day
- May have experience working in a fast-paced environments which have included production, manufacturing, assembly, picking, catching, shipping, packing, warehouse, restaurant or retail positions
- Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position (moderate lifting, repetitive motions such as gripping and grasping, and standing 10 hours/day)
- Have a stable work history, good attendance, and are punctual
- Are team players who act with honesty and integrity
- Meed production standards
- Performs all assigned duties in a safe fashion and in accordance with OSHA standards and directives
- Reports any unsafe conditions or practices to management in a prompt fashion
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a highly reliable work performance record
- Must pass extensive pre-employment checks (including background check and drug screen)
- Must have reliable transportation in order to report to work as scheduled
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position which may include standing for 10 hours per day, bending, twisting, squatting, repetitive hand motions such as grasping, and lifting a minimum of 15lbs
ABOUT DEMPSEY UNIFORM
Since its founding in 1959, Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply has become a leading uniform and linen supplier in the Mid-Atlantic by maintaining its family ownership and continuously investing in its people and plant to stay ahead of the competition. At Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply, you'll find uniforms, linens and floor mats that can be rented at a low weekly cost that includes weekly pick-up, cleaning and delivery. Our offering includes uniform services, restaurant linen services, towel services, medical linen services and facility services.
Dempsey is an innovator in our industry because we have always invested in opportune technologies for our business. Dempsey’s state-of-the-art processing facility in Jessup, PA opened to both local and industry acclaim for it's technology. Dempsey is committed to leveraging technologies that control our customers' costs and enhance their service experience.
Dempsey has grown rapidly, yet responsibly, over the past five years. Through five strategic acquisitions, a well-developed management team, and excellent banking relationships, Dempsey has welcomed hundreds of new customers and enhanced existing customer relationships.
Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply is committed to a sustainable future through environmental stewardship and conservation of the earth's natural resources. Dempsey has become a leader in both the textile rental industry and our local community in preserving our environment.
Continuity for Keeping Promises
The Dempsey Difference is about our commitment to keeping promises. A commitment that extends to every single one of our employees, many of whom have spent most of their careers with us. As a result, the same people that make our promises will be there to fulfill them.
It all makes for a really promising future. We hope you'll consider joining the Dempsey Family and help us continue our legacy of keeping promises.