Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Sterling National Bank is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Enterprise Strategic Initiatives group. In this role, you will oversee and manage the execution of some of our highest-priority company initiatives and will coordinate across various teams, departments, and stakeholders throughout the company to ensure that projects will deliver the value according to business need and speed, respecting the quality and agreed budget. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, organized, and has demonstrated an exceptional ability to balance the need to drive and collaborate with cross-functional teams, capable of working with ambiguity and take full ownership of deliverables and project success. This candidate will have an extensive background in project management and oversight of complex business objectives in a quick and fast-paced environment. Specific experience with digital technologies and both Agile & Traditional project management methodologies required.
- Project Planning and Management
- Manage transformational initiatives across a complex organizational structure to ensure project delivers expected Business case, on time, on budget, on scope, with quality and adhering to established Program and Project Management methodologies.
- Develops, facilitates, and executes comprehensive project plans and schedules, vendor-related agreements, requirements’ gathering sessions, daily/weekly stand ups, and executive reporting. Serves as the primary client interface for project requirements, schedule, scope, changes, and budget.
- Serves as primary liaison with third party vendors during project. Ensures requirements are executed as contractually agreed upon.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders and internal partners.
- Gathers requirements leveraging an analytical mindset to uncover and solve for downstream impacts, definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Responsible for the project plan, budget, implementation, monitoring, control and close. Takes accountability for project execution. As part of this, is responsible to manage risks, quality and procurement.
- Develops project governance and communication plans and directs communication with executive sponsor/project owner as well as other leaders; manages and leads all project communications with internal/external stakeholders. Ensures minutes/decisions are captured, risks and issues are tracked, mitigated, resolved and/or escalated as appropriate.
- Accountable for proactive notification and management of change(s), issue(s) and risk(s); as well as mitigation and contingency planning.
- Tracks project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Supports project reporting and documentation processes; delivers status reports and analysis for leadership on an on-going basis.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation ensuring project practices, processes and documentation meet all quality and auditable standards and all artifacts are maintained in an organized library.
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for the project leadership function and defining standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- Proven work experience (minimum 7-10 years) running projects delivering Technology solutions within Financial Services/Banking Industry utilizing proper project management methodologies and SDLC principles. Focus on Digital space required utilizing Agile and Hybrid of Agile/Traditional successfully.
- Experience managing third party vendor relationships, SOW’s, deliverables, etc., and overseeing vendor resources for projects required.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams through system/data conversions and integrations.
- Expert usage of Microsoft Office suite and Collaboration tools required. (MS Project, Power Point, Excel, Teams). Experience with Service-Now Project Mgmt. Software and JIRA for Agile projects desirable.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration. PMP Preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills. Ability to lead cross-functional teams through complex initiatives.
- Skilled multi-tasker with ability to manage numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrated success in delivering solutions and managing risk utilizing proper project management methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of business and supporting technologies in a financial institution- preferably consumer or commercial banking.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbal and written) skills as well as organizational skills, with strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to communicate status, risks, and issues to executive management effectively.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.