Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Demonstrate independent decision-making, exercise prudent credit assessments, and provide credit expertise to CRE Segment Credit Officers and CRE Banking Teams to ensure asset quality and compliance with banking regulations. Embrace and deliver Sterling Bank’s brand values and core competencies in everyday interactions. Exhibit ethical behavior and integrity in everyday business conduct. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor quality of CRE loan portfolio through ongoing review of Annual Reviews and oversight of risk rating downgrades/upgrades.
- Utilize credit authority prudently and exercise credit decisions in a timely manner.
- Recommend items for approval exceeding individual level of authority to Segment Credit Officers.
- Provide feedback regarding observed training needs, portfolio, and risk management practices.
- Support Segment Credit Officers responsible for CRE credit evaluations ensuring that submitted requests align with Bank Credit Policy and packages are completed according to Bank standards.
- Manage credit risk and quality of CRE loan portfolio by reviewing Annual Reviews and other internal reports on a regular basis and providing recommendations to senior Segment Credit Officers and appropriate Banking Team members.
- Manage CRE loan portfolio risk ratings to ensure accurate and timely escalation of critical issues and proper follow up and completion.
- Exercise sound and prudent credit decisions and provide recommendations for approval that exceed individual level of authority to Segment Credit Officers.
- Collaborate in developing credit analysis methodologies that facilitate a streamlined, efficient, and consistent credit process standard.
- Take a leadership role ensuring critical reporting and submission deadlines are adhered to including assigned special projects.
- Assist in completion of team projects / reporting and Banking Team Portfolio Reviews.
- Ensure compliance with all federal regulations and Bank policies and procedures.
Who We Want
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, MBA a plus.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of relevant credit & risk management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- A high standard of personal integrity and decisiveness in addition to problem-solving skills.
- Solid Information Technology base and proficiency in banking applications
- Top performance credentials in all credit disciplines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and writing skills.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.