Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the process equipment to establish a clean environment for producing and packaging quality products. Ensures equipment and facility are effectively sanitized in accordance with established food manufacturing regulations and in compliance with government sanitation requirements.
- Performs plant cleaning as prescribed by the Master Sanitation Schedule. Maintains general housekeeping in all areas of plant.
- Utilizes powered cleaning equipment that may include powered lifts, scissors lifts, power washers, foam applicators, steamers, automatic compactors, motors and various non-mechanized equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate equipment such as floor jacks, trash compactor, and vacuum cleaner, floor scrubber in a safe and knowledgeable manner.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting and carrying various sizes, shapes, and weight of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to management.
- Disassembles and reassembles machines, pumps, bucket elevators, slurry equipment, filters and other processing equipment.
- Works independently, with no direct supervision in a high efficiency level.
- Learns and performs proper Allergen Elimination Procedure.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Follows all applicable GMP's for the area in which he/she is assigned. Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with OSHA, plant defined GMP's, or when directed by a supervisor.
- Participates in all necessary safety training, team development programs, and plant initiatives.
- Reads (Safety Data Sheets) information and preparation and use chemical cleaning agents in a manner consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Assists departments in spill containment caused by various events.
- Assists pest control technicians by noting and communicating pest activity.
- Removes product debris to trash.
- Lock-out Tag-out and BBP (blood borne pathogens) trained.
- Supports and participates Continuous Improvement initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
- Collects recyclables and load into proper trailers.
- Mixes and handles chemical concentrates.
- May input chemical concentrates in to excel.
- May Create/Update Standard Operating Procedures.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Continuously
- Driving: Seldom
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Frequently
- Tasting, Smelling: Occasionally
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 60 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office areas but loud and hearing protection is required in the plant. While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat or cold.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.