Summary:Investigate and identify opportunities to recover real or potential losses and identify accounts as unrecoverable to decide the feasibility of third party collection agency success.
• Contact all merchants indebted to GP as outlined in the process to result in recovery.
• Manage working list of all items in collection to Global Payments.
• Determine when an account is no longer collectable and recommend write off.
• Prepare Loss Summary forms to be presented at write off meetings.
• Prepare and complete a loss file including all documents pertaining to the loss per the Investigator checklist.
• Recommend accounts to be forwarded to our third party collection agency partners.
• Review and request supporting documentation where appropriate.
• Reserve / release merchant funds where appropriate.
• Provide guidance to Loss Analyst I and II and assist with escalations.
• Demonstrate functional knowledge of skip tracing techniques.
• Cross train with Risk Investigations and attend training and industry conferences as assigned.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years previous collection, risk or payment industry experience or 1 year as a Loss Analyst.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written communication by providing a writing sample
- Associates or Bachelors Degree.
- 18 months successful previous experience in the Loss Analyst II position
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.