Requisition Number: INDUS03659
About the Position
Site dedicated logistics engineers are in a co-managed environment with Operational leaders, setting the overall project priorities to deliver value to customer networks. This position supports the Kenco Operating System (KOS) model of cultural transformation through the integration operational excellence principles across the enterprise and its value streams to create a complete systemic view, leading to consistent achievement of results. Success in this position will be determined utilizing a qualitative and quantitative approach regarding this position’s impact in the following areas:
- Best methods development and cost reduction activities
- Partner closely with Customers and Kenco Operations to achieve project results
- Track value (VCI) created from all assigned projects
- Ensure Work Measurement systems are developed, implemented and effective
- Ensure warehouse flow, conduct zoning and slotting assessments, profile analysis etc.
- Continuous Improvement of the Kenco Operating System (KOS)
- Workstation design and process configuration for safety (ergonomics), flow and efficiency for receiving, packing, kitting, and other value-added services (VAS).
- Rapid mock-up / proto typing of kitting / VAS processes to develop time estimates to support pricing for on-going and one off projects.
- Line Balancing and one-piece flow analysis
- Zoning/slotting and Profile analysis
- Takt time methods
- Project Management abilities
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM), process mapping and data collection
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Process Capability and performance (Cp/Cpk)
- Exploratory Data Analysis, Hypothesis Testing and Analytical methods
- Process Improvement Methods
- Waste Analysis (VA-NVA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charting and Control Planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Logistics Engineering or related discipline, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of applied experience in a fulfillment / ecommerce setting
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt required
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Experience in a customer facing role defining expectations and achieving results
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze data to identify trends, performance results, and opportunities for improvement
- Gain input from customers to define project priority, set goals and objectives and obtain feedback on performance
- Ability to align the organization around lean principles and drive establishment of lean systems in all areas through use of Hoshin planning activities
- Ensure that the correct tools be utilized to solve the most important problems affecting our customer’s satisfaction, quality, cost and delivery.
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate companywide measurement systems that drive correct behaviors and support attaining business goals
- Utilize lean and six sigma methodologies to reduce waste and variation within the operation
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Communicate for Impact - Proactively communicate with all stakeholders throughout the life cycle of programs and projects.
- Influencing Others - Can quickly find common ground and can solve problems for the good of the organization with a minimal amount of noise. Authentically gains trust and support of peers.
- Managing Transitions/ Change Management - Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Strategic Agility - Enable Kenco to remain competitive by adjusting and adapting to innovative ideas necessary to support Kenco’s long-term organizational strategy.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less.
- A passport is not required, but recommended.