SHIFT: Mon-Fri 11am-8pm
This administrative position is responsible for departmental reporting, compiling documents for audits, working team folders including timely distribution to underwriters, daily reports review and internal quality assurance.
- Perform monthly and timely quality reviews utilizing the QA template for documentation purposes. Such reviews will need to be completed by the 10th of each month with an expectation that a minimum of 5 QA templates would be completed per Underwriting employee.
- Create reporting statistics based on the QA data for monthly distribution to managers, and maintain audit records for Management in an effort to easily identify any quality assurance trends/concerns within the department.
- Compile underwriting documents requested for Audits (Internal SOX audit) and Sponsor Bank Audits.
- Work the Team folders ensuring timely distribution of communications to underwriters.
- Participate with Department Trainer and/or Management to evaluate and contribute to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Review the daily ACH rejects report for issues.
- Other miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong time-management skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Word and Excel platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring sensitivity and discretion.
- Demonstrate adaptability in an ever-changing industry.
- Associate's degree preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of quality assurance/control work history in the bankcard industry, mortgage, insurance or related field preferred.
Underwriter I (semi-lateral) - Underwriter II (Certification for Second Level Signing Authority Required)
Successful performance for this role is defined by the Individual Contributor critical capabilities.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skill requirements
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.