Store Managers oversee the performance of an assigned Break Time Convenience Store. They recruit, hire, train and evaluate employees and have a keen focus on customer service and store sales. They are energetic leaders who believe it only takes a moment to make someone’s day better.
MFA Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
As a Break Time Store Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Working with customers —provide excellent customer service by engaging with the business and with the customers and encouraging store team to do the same; consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service; handle complaints quickly and courteously; conduct accurate and efficient transactions
- Day-to-day store operations—oversee all aspects of store operation including daily reporting, banking, inventory, bookkeeping, fuel management, and ensuring that all equipment/store/property is well maintained and in good condition; maintain store cleanliness
- Merchandising and sales—ensure proper execution of marketing programs; perform all merchandising activities including proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestively sell to customers, proper vendor check in, keep all merchandise stocked, clean, fronted, and faced (including the cooler)
- Supervising – oversee general operations of assigned store; control merchandise, cash shortages, and other selling expenses; promote food service and food safety; successfully complete company training programs; train new employees on company policies and procedures
- Communication —maintain timely and professional communication with customers, vendors, other employees, and management as it relates to all aspects of the store operations
- Working closely with management—understand the store finances and how it impacts the business; control shortages and other expenses; prepare for and participate in inventory audits; meet or exceed company goals for sales and controllable expenses
- Teamwork—recruit, train, coach, and develop a successful team of associates that strive to meet customers’ needs; exhibit professionalism in appearance, conduct and judgement—always setting the appropriate example; create a positive and fun work culture and promote teamwork every day to drive performance; work as a team to adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations
- Working with technology – learn and utilize the store’s technology; perform mathematical calculations to make change, complete shift reports, and count product; follow scheduling template
- Other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you meet the following requirements:
- Prior management/leadership experience
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance with adequate transportation to/from bank (the vehicle must be locked and secured when transporting the deposit to the bank)
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
- Works well individually and in leading a team
- Ability to perform these duties and others as assigned, with accuracy, and with minimal supervision
All items shown above are requirements for the position. In addition, Break Time employees must be 18 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States. All Break Time employees are expected to adhere to policies, procedures, and expectations by following company checklists, following posted work schedule and proper time recording procedures, and assisting in training others. Break Time employees must meet all company requirements, including successful pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks, ability to exchange accurate information with Break Time customers in English, and ability to visually observe and inspect items and work environment for regular job responsibilities and safety concerns.