Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB's Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Technician 2 - 1st shift for its Jefferson City, Missouri location. The responsibilities include to plan and execute with minimal professional guidance, complex semi-technical assignments such as unique or unusual experiments, tests, analyses, research and development activities. Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments. Suggest measures to improve operations and customer service.
- Perform complex semi-technical work on various projects that may require performing difficult mathematical calculations, analyzing and interpreting data, and integrating requirements based on own interpretation of the complete project.
- Work in close association with engineers to perform unique and complex fabrication, assembly, erection, maintenance, repair and operation of products, systems, laboratory calibration or test equipment. Function as a resource to less experienced technicians and to professional staff in assimilating technical requirements into practical applications.
- Perform tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and products, and record data. Conduct analyses to check reasonableness, prepare and present test reports and maintain records.
- Compile and correlate a variety of data, reduce data for analysis, prepare schematics, diagrams, or parts lists and make recommendations regarding test procedures and hardware. Troubleshoot test equipment and apply own knowledge and experience to the solution of any problems, such as, types of repairs or modifications required.
- May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions. Act in a lead capacity and guide and assist less experienced technicians.
- Associates Degree in a technical field and 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
• Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in an Engineering or Technical field are highly preferred
- Experience interacting with end customers highly desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in a transformer manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in test environments highly preferred
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to learn new technologies is highly preferred