Sales Associates perform operational duties necessary to keep the Break Time clean and well stocked while following all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation during the scheduled shift. They are energetic individuals who believe it only takes a moment to make your day better.
MFA Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
As a Break Time Sales Associate, a typical day might include the following:
- Working with customers —consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer; provide fast and friendly customer service; handle complaints quickly and courteously; conduct accurate and efficient transactions
- Merchandising and sales—perform all merchandising activities including proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestively sell to customers, proper vendor check in, keep all merchandise stocked, clean, fronted, and faced (including the cooler); maintain store cleanliness
- Communication —maintain timely and professional communication with customers, vendors, other employees, and management as it relates to all aspects of the store operations
- Working closely with management—successfully complete company training programs; help train new employees on company policies and procedures
- Teamwork—work as a team to adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations
- Working with technology – learn and utilize the store's technology; perform mathematical calculations to make change, complete shift reports, and count product
- Other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you meet the following requirements:
- Friendly, customer service-oriented person with an enthusiastic personality who enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible availability to work weekends and holidays
- Reliable transportation to work
- Ability to perform these duties and others as assigned, with accuracy, and minimal supervision
All items shown above are requirements for the position. In addition, Break Time employees must be 18 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States. Due to Missouri Lottery Laws, Break Time is unable to employ persons who have been convicted of a felony. All Break Time employees are expected to adhere to policies, procedures, and expectations by following company checklists, following posted work schedule and proper time recording procedures, and assisting in training others. Break Time employees must meet all company requirements, including successful pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks, ability to exchange accurate information with Break Time customers in English, and ability to visually observe and inspect items and work environment for regular job responsibilities and safety concerns.