Stress Analyst (R&D)
Engineering, all disciplines
This position is for a Stress Analyst / Solid Mechanics Engineer to address Research & Development issues of a structural nature. These issues will tend to be on long term Product Development activities and to a lesser extent on short term support activities. FEA expertise utilizing ANSYS is required as well as fundamental structural and vibratory knowledge; fundamental materials and fatigue knowledge; and understanding of industrial standards such as API and the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
The position level and salary will be commensurate with experience.
The responsibilities listed are reflective of a mid-to-higher level position. The primary responsibility of this position will be to perform structural analysis. Additional responsibilities are to provide leadership in accordance with the position and in accordance with specific assignments.
- Plans, budgets, schedules and performs engineering assignments toward specified objectives within allocated time, schedule, cost and constraint established by supervision.
- Implements analytical, experimental and application programs for product improvement and development.
- Co-ordinates and communicates with all related departments to insure proper achievement of specific objectives.
- Independently initiates, develops, applies and tests designs for new products, special application/systems and existing products/systems improvements.
- Independently plans, prepares and executes experimental program for the development of new or existing products, shop order tests, design procedures, method or systems and issue applicable documentation.
- Initiates changes to existing component designs and selections as required for shop orders product improvements, manufacturing considerations and field modifications.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and completion of major elements of the technical plan which may be performed by junior grade associates.
- Provides participative direction to those performing the assignment in the calculation and analysis of data and final reporting.
- Provides technical information, co-ordinates and follows up in intra/inter- departmental activities to insure conformance to design and quality standards.
- Approves layouts and drawings for assigned projects or shop order tests, issues appropriate documentation and informs supervision of activity status.
- Provides specialized technical support/information to Sales, Project Management, Marketing and Service as assigned.
- Provides innovation and original ideas. Collaborates with corporate patent department on new turbomachinery application/user requirements. Submits technical papers for publication.
- Maintains awareness to new and state-of-the-art technology, competitive intelligence and new turbomachinery applications/user requirements.
- Administers capital and inter-departmental programs as assigned by supervision.
- Maintains knowledge of company objectives and technical plan as applied to assignment and related products/systems/functions.
- Participates in Product Management Team activity on specific assignments.
- Promotes, implements and reflects productivity and quality ideas as relates to assigned function.
- Responsible for documenting analysis procedures in Work Instructions.
- Pursues a personal career development plan prepared in conjunction with supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Bachelor or Master degree in an Engineering curriculum with three (3) years of applicable engineering experience, or PhD in a relevant turbomachinery curriculum.
- Specialized training and experience in structural design and analysis using Finite Element Analysis and other structural codes.
- Basic knowledge in the use of Computer Aided Design programs such as ProEngineer.
- Capable of providing technical direction and expertise in assignments.
- Capable of communicating clearly and effectively and utilizing basic management principles.
- Demonstrate effective judgement and independence of action.
- Have or obtain knowledge of company policies, markets, organization structure and procedures.
- Have or obtain knowledge of Fluid Structure Interaction Analysis.
- Have or obtain knowledge of Modal Testing.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.