Senior Technical Trainer
The Senior Technical Trainer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of turbomachinery training programs and materials for our customers and employees. In addition, the successful candidate will provide a team of two Technical Trainers with technical consultation on materials and projects which require engineering support. The Senior Technical Trainer will also be responsible for developing and delivering new courses and materials related to the Cryodynamic Products product line (pumps and expanders) globally.
Global travel is estimated at up to 25% (employees, customers, sub vendors, etc.)
- Acquire an understanding of Elliott organization, product lines, procedures, service facilities, manufacturing facility and methods. Rapidly become a technical expert on Elliott Group's Cryodynamic Products.
- Involved in direct customer interaction (coordinating training programs).
- Training of customer personnel at the customer facility (i.e. refineries, chemical plants), the Jeannette facility, or online.
- Analyze, design, develop, deliver, and evaluate training programs and materials--from small to large, at any level of complexity for all Elliott products.
- Internally works with the Technical Service Engineers to understand their training needs.
- Helps design new training courses and change existing ones for better impact.
- Creates ideas and material which will communicate knowledge while being able to keep the customer's attention focused on the actual material.
- Determine depth of material coverage for training programs to obtain maximum effectiveness in time given.
- Evaluate, justify and order new models to assist in the training programs.
- Photograph equipment/parts/classes for training advertising/material.
- Mentor and provide technical consultation to Technical Trainers.
- Work to the highest standards of safety at all times.
- Master’s degree in an engineering, technical, or training-related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of training experience, including classroom presentations, program development, project management, and the ability to grasp ideas and organize them into easily understood presentations, illustrations, and/or written descriptions.
- Must have mechanical experience in repair, maintenance, operations, components, and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment; rotating equipment preferred.
- Individual must have good communication skills (verbal and written), organization skills, and computer skills, (experience with PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- Familiarity with Elliott products is preferred.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.