Project Engineer (Cryodynamic Products)
Engineering, all disciplines
The Project Engineer is responsible for supporting all engineering efforts for manufacture, assembly/dis-assembly and testing of rotating equipment and associated systems to conform to customer specifications on time and on budget in accordance with engineering practices utilized by the Division.
Travel options for the first 1-2 years for training purposes: located in Sparks, NV then permanent location in Jeannette, PA OR travel to and from Sparks, NV and Jeannette, PA on a bi-weekly basis.
- Able to attend meetings, equipment installations, commissioning and troubleshooting activities at customer site/terminal.
- Responsible for leading all engineering efforts for a project or projects on time and budget.
- Participate in project technical clarification meetings as necessary including customer meetings at site which may require domestic and international travels based on project requirements.
- Review and comment on “As Sold” document package including purchase order, material requisition, specifications, data sheets and correspondences to ensure design compliance as per all applicable project requirements.
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, project management and the customer as required to close out all pending contractual matters per approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Preparation and submittal of customer engineering documentations per approved Engineering Department Procedures thru utilizing internal ERP System.
- Preparation of mechanical and hydraulic calculations for all rotating equipment and system components as supplied by EIC per approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Supervision and coordination during preparation of manufacturing drawings and documents per approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Issuance of test procedures and manuals as necessary to ensure correct testing and operation of equipment specified by Engineering Department per approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Assistance to other departments in all matters pertaining to engineering aspects of the projects.
- Supervision of assembly and operation of the equipment to ensure correctness and suitability of design together with updating of Engineering documents to reflect “As Built” condition.
- Apply engineering knowledge and sound engineering practices to troubleshoot assembly, manufacturing and testing problems. Provides technical guidance and direction to designers, drafters, test and shop personnel.
- Preparation and submittal of test reports to customer after Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Coordination and assistance during installation of equipment in the field and start-up operations, together with any updating of Engineering documents to reflect “As Built” condition.
- Work closely with Engineering Management in developing and updating Engineering Department’s standards and practices relating to production of EIC products.
- Completion of any other assigned tasks in accordance with written/verbal instructions or approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- Superior communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, and proven discipline to carry out assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct engineering experience in execution of rotating equipment design, manufacture and testing with no supervision. Able to demonstrate relevant design and customer experience with details.
- Experience in rotordynamics (mechanical vibration), Finite Element Analysis, SolidWorks; instrumentation knowledge.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.