Project Engineer (Engineered Products)
Engineering, all disciplines
The Project Engineer is an integral member of a project team that also includes a Project Manager, Product Engineer, Package Engineer and a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer. Working together, the Team ensures an equitable and satisfactory execution of contracts, within project budgets and to project schedules.
The Project Engineer functions as the primary interface between Elliott and the client on technical issues regarding their purchase of Elliott equipment. This is a dynamic and fast-paced position that requires constant communication with customers and Elliott’s project team. The right candidate will be well disciplined and persistent with excellent communication skill and sound judgment. The position requires the Project Engineer to demonstrate a significantly high level of leadership and ability to make independent decisions on a regular basis.
Expected travel is approximately 10%, travel on the weekend may be required, domestic and international. Additional work hours or temporary schedule adjustment may be required.
This position profile is representative of the overall responsibilities of the Project Engineer position. Commensurate position level and salary can vary based upon experience and qualifications of the applicant.
This position may be hired on as a Package Engineer in lieu of a Project Engineer based on experience and company need (will be discussed with individual candidate if applicable).
- The principle daily activities of this job involve collecting and analyzing a variety of detailed technical information and effectively communicating that information (regarding the assigned project) to the appropriate organization. Therefore, attention to detail and exceptional organizational/planning and time management skills are essential.
- Responding to new or unfamiliar complex situations is a common experience, however, guidance and direction from others will be required under extraordinary circumstances. This position will expose the individual to direct customer contact on a daily basis. The position will require the individual to function autonomously in meetings representing the interests of Elliott Company to clients. This will require the candidate to present him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
- The individual is expected to contribute to the Project Engineering departmental goals, to the extent that activities covered by established policies or standard procedures are successfully managed.
- Direction of others’ work efforts will be required, such as direction to design and drafting staff, Elliott discipline engineers, and document control staff and project team members.
- For projects of any value, function as the Lead Project Engineer in technical matters to allow for successful execution of the contract for assigned projects, at the direction of the Supervisor of Engineering - EPD, or the Manager of Project Engineering.
- Actively participate in Project Transfer Meetings (TM1- TM3), manage transfer of project technical information from Proposal through Execution.
- Facilitate and manage key customer meetings with the direction of the Project Manager, including Kick-Off Meeting (KOM), Customer Coordination Meeting (CCM), Pre-Inspection Meeting (PIM) and Design Review Meetings (DRM).
- Manage correspondence, documents, and information submitted to the client for approval, record and information only.
- Review, revision, and submittal of Elliott internal design specification information to Elliott internal customers.
- Review and analysis of customer specifications.
- Provide due diligence in the retention of information sufficient to maintain adequate knowledge of the project for downstream operations both internal and external to Elliott.
- Follow Project Engineering departmental work standards and procedures to achieve department goals and provide input on methods to improve and update process work standards as required.
- Provide leadership to process improvement by acting as a team leader, actively participate in programs to provide input for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides technical input on quotations for the Application Engineering department as requested.
- Function as a technical resource to other portions of the Elliott organization such as Sales and Applications and Global Services.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other relevant discipline. Mechanical preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a Projects role in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience in the leadership of teams executing projects to successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and support.
- Familiarity with commercial and contractual issues routinely encountered during contract execution.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally; must have or obtain a passport.
- Master of Science in Engineering, Business Administration, other applicable advanced degree.
- Advanced understanding of industry related standards such as: API 617, API 614, API 612, etc. Additionally, this position requires a sound understanding of other codes and standards frequently used in the petroleum and petrochemical industries.
- PE-Professional Engineering License.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.