Package Engineer (Engineered Products)
Engineering, all disciplines
If you have already applied under recent posting P02066, you do not need to reapply.
- This position profile is representative of the overall responsibilities of the Package Engineer position. Commensurate position level and salary can vary based upon experience and qualifications of the applicant.
- This position may be hired on as a Project Engineer in lieu of a Package Engineer based on candidates’ experience and company need.
Domestic and international travel is to be expected up to 10%, weekend travel may be required.
- The Package Engineer is an integral member of a Project Team that also includes a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Product Engineer and a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer. Working together, the team ensures an equitable and satisfactory execution of contracts, within project budgets and to project schedules.
- The Package Engineer functions as resident expert of auxiliary systems/components utilized on Elliott equipment. The primary function of this position is to interpret customer specifications and technical requirements in order to engineer and requisition auxiliary units (such as motors, gears, lube oil systems, dry gas, etc.) procured during the execution stage of a project.
- The position requires the Package Engineer to demonstrate a moderate level of leadership and ability to make independent decisions on a regular basis.
- The principle daily activities of this job involve collecting and analyzing detailed technical information, and effectively communicating that information regarding the assigned project to the appropriate personnel within our organization.
- The nature of the job is designed to further build upon the foundation of knowledge gained on the job or from previous equivalent work experience. Training for the position will focus on self-development of specialization in technical areas related to the specification of purchased auxiliaries (motors, gears, couplings, trip and throttle valves, lube oil systems, dry gas panels, etc.).
- The individual will be encouraged to develop their individual contribution to the Project Engineering department goals, to the extent that activities covered by established policies or standard procedures are successfully managed.
- Additional work hours or temporary schedule adjustment may be required.
- Actively participate in Project Transfer Meetings (TM1- TM3), manage transfer of project technical information from Proposal stage, to Execution stage.
- Correspondence, documents, and information transfer between supporting vendor and project team.
- Review and analysis of customer specifications.
- Review, revision, and submittal of vendor design specification information to the project team ensuring that these documents/drawings meet the scope of supply dictated by the customer PO.
- Keeping the Project Team and Project Engineering management properly informed of the project status in a timely and accurate manner of issues regarding any assigned project or project components.
- Follow Project Engineering departmental standards, procedures and processes to achieve department goals and provide Project Engineering management with input on methods to improve and update process work standards.
- Actively participate and drive programs focused on continuous improvement initiatives as needed/requested by Supervisor of Project Engineering and/or Manager of Project Engineering.
- Develop technical and commercial competence, encourage personal development and career growth by creating individualized career plan and set goals with the direction of the management.
- Functions as a technical expert on purchased auxiliaries in order to support the project team and additional Elliott business units, such as Sales and Applications, and Global Services.
- Autonomous decision-making capability is required. The position requires balanced and thoughtful independent action in regards to customer specifications.
- Maintain an environment for professional and ethical conduct within the Project Engineering section as directed by Elliott corporate policies and Elliott Code of Ethics.
- Promote a positive attitude for a safe and healthy work environment, as well as awareness for high quality products and services from the Project Engineering section in support of Elliott management initiatives.
Expectations of General Work Habits:
- Self-directed worker, with good work ethic.
- Disciplined, able to follow directions and procedures.
- Maintains a professional and business like behavior.
- Above average communications skills, verbal and written, with a demonstrated ability to interface across different cultural lines.
- Able to operate proficiently with Elliott Business Systems, Project Management (PM), and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Developed time management skills, with an ability to balance demand among various projects.
- Understand and exhibit a sense of urgency and promptness.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other relevant discipline. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Entry level - 0 to 2 years relevant experience.
- This position requires the ability to develop a sound understanding of codes and standards frequently used in the petroleum and petrochemical industries related to major purchased auxiliaries (motors, gears, couplings, lube oil systems, dry gas panels, etc.) An overall understanding of customer processes (FCC, LNG, Ethylene, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Two (2) or more years of experience working within the petroleum, petrochemical and/or turbomachinery field.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage sub-suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and support.
- Familiarity with commercial and contractual issues routinely encountered during contract execution.
- Professional Engineering License.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.