Area Manager (Rotor Manufacturing)
The position of Area Manager – Rotor Manufacturing exists to provide experienced technical and administrative direction to Shop Supervisors and support personnel to insure product shipments are manufactured to establish lead times, at or below costs, support company cash flow objectives, and to generate annually 50,000 to 75,000 absorption hours.
To accomplish these objectives, it is necessary to plan and control long-term and daily shop operations. This position must develop, organize, plan and administer concepts that challenge the traditional way of conducting business in the manufacturing environment. The incumbent will provide the leadership, direction, and guidance to create a more participative and team oriented approach to continuous change and improvement in the specific area of responsibility.
It is necessary for this position to interface with Production Control, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Product Engineers. The incumbent must maintain control of key operating indicators such as (Efficiency, Scrap & Rework, Production Schedules, Expense Budgets, Capital Plan, Staffing, etc.)
The incumbent leads or participates in Continuous Improvement pertaining to Administration, Product Design, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering and overall Company Improvements. Assists the Production Manager in preparing for new manufacturing technology and complicated technical systems and provide the leadership disciplines and skills required to manage production in this environment.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to Rotor Manufacturing Operations. Directs and controls activities such as: shop floor manufacturing, implementation and successful execution of production schedules, product cost, quality, support personnel interface.
- Devise motivational and developmental procedures for all subordinates to perform their assigned duties to the best of their abilities in a manner consistent with company goals.
- Initiate process, product and operational improvements to reduce controllable manufacturing costs and optimize profitability and product quality.
- Formulate and implement the strategies required for planned process improvement.
- Create monitoring procedures to control scrap & rework costs. Manage coordinated efforts to eliminate the root cause of the quality problem through the Root Cause Corrective Action System and employee recommendations.
- Initiate methods to monitor and control product costs of critical path component parts.
- Initiate action steps to control progress billing milestones on an order by order assignment in support of company cash flow financial plan.
- Participants in development of departmental budgets and once developed, maintain control and initiate corrective action as required.
- Devise appropriate action plans to resolve labor problems fairly and continue to develop amicable union – management relationship.
- Participates in development of departmental capital expenditure plan and achieve final acceptance.
- Participates in development of plant layout changes for area of responsibility.
- Administers a program of good housekeeping in all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and controls ISO 9001-2000 requirements in all areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the hiring or discharging of personnel.
- Participates in disciplinary procedures with salary and bargaining personnel.
- Prepares department annual salary plan for approval and administers approved plan.
- Prepares and administers annual employee performance appraisals.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing employee training programs.
- Responsible for preparing cost models for quoting purposes. Monitors and maintains data relative to model progress on an order by order basis.
- Monitors safety problems and fosters a work safe environment.
- Four year degree, preferably BSME or Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related technical field, with training in Basic Accounting, Problem Solving, and Decision Analysis.
- Job experience must include five to ten years in a heavy equipment machining/assembly manufacturing environment with progressive managerial responsibilities company wide. Preferably, experienced in manufacturing high speed rotating equipment.
- Technical skills must include specific knowledge of machining, welding, assembly, manufacturing/industrial engineering, capital justification and Shop Floor Control.
- Must be people oriented, influential, effective communicator, display self-confidence, have the ability to motivate and be innovative.
- Should possess an understanding of financial procedures, analytical capability and problem solving techniques.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.