Human Resources Manager (Engineered Products)
The HR Manager directs, monitors and coordinates the efficient and effective utilization of Human Resources policies & practices for the Engineered Products (EP) Business Unit to ensure achievement of business goals. Oversees the coordination, administration and management of labor relations activity as it pertains to collective bargaining employees. Ensures adherence to collective bargaining agreements while providing consultation and conflict resolution for company leadership, union leadership, and bargaining unit employees. Assists operating management in the interpretation and application of existing human resources policies, applicable federal & state regulations, and applicable labor agreements. Provides strategic and functional guidance of HR “best practices“ to assist business unit leadership in meeting business objectives.
- Works with business unit leadership to identify and plan for human resources requirements in all of the assigned populations to meet short and long term business needs. Defines HR related issues and directs the development and implementation of programs and approaches to assist in meeting business unit goals and objectives.
- Directs labor strategy and administration for the Jeannette facility. Serves on negotiation committee for applicable labor agreements. Represents Company in grievance meetings and labor arbitrations. Provides counsel to management concerning labor relations issues.
- Identifies and implements performance management, training / employee developmental programs, to ensure business unit has the talent necessary to achieve short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Identifies and implements performance management oversight to bargaining unit employees on probationary status.
- Identifies and recommends internal communication opportunities to recognize the business unit and individual employee accomplishments & success.
- Recruits, interviews and assists in selection of candidates for open position when requested by operating managers.
- Manages employment process to ensure a talented & diverse applicant pool. Approves requisitions for personnel additions or replacements to the business unit.
- Researches, recommends and directs the implementation of new and revised ongoing employee relations programs directed at creating and maintaining a positive and motivated employee population.
- Directs talent management programs for the EP Business Unit to include performance management, succession planning, organizational development and training initiatives.
- Represents Company at various federal and state agency proceedings, such as EEOC, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation Boards and Unemployment hearings.
- Designs, implements and administers human resources policies as requested or required. Instructs, advises and assists various operating managers in the administration of established policies.
- Chairs Jeannette-based Labor Management Committees and serves as Company Representative for committees such as CWS, Outsource, Safety Steering and Labor Relations Committee.
- Manages the contractual bidding and bumping process as well as seniority reporting.
- Assists in benefits administration for Engineered Products Business Unit.
- Reports headcount, safety statistics and other pertinent information.
- Develops Memorandum of Agreements to clarify contractual terms.
- Develops and administers approved salary plan and incentive plans.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Previous work experience should include 10 or more years as an HR generalist, preferably in a manufacturing setting, with a minimum of 5 years’ labor relations experience.
- Contract negotiation experience is required and experience serving as the chief spokesman is preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and federal state & local laws and regulations is required.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.