Under the general direction of the Director (& Asst Director) of Facilities; responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and testing piping systems for water, gas vacuum, oxygen, sanitary systems, medical air, sewerage, pumps, and all related plumbing devices throughout the hospital. Typically works on the more complex problems and systems.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
High School Diploma
· Comm of Mass Licensed Journeyman
· As required to obtain Journeyman License
· Duties will involve working in a dirty or hazardous environment in the performance of his/her duties.
· Will be required to respond to calls in all hospital areas and environments including areas posted with special precations / environements.
· May be required to work within “a confined space” or in a containment booth.
· Will be required to be fitted and work with a respirator.