Schedule: Full-time 40 hours. Monday and Friday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6:30 am - 3:00 pm. Alternating Saturday/Sunday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
Under the general supervision of the Executive Chef and Food Service Supervisor, the Cook performs a wide variety of duties relative to the handling, preparation, presentation and service of food for consumption by patients, staff, visitors and community.
- Following recipes
- Prepping, cooking and serving foods for a fast-paced Patient Cook-to-Order Room Service line
- Prepping/cooking foods for the cafeteria
- Prepares daily menu cycle items, specials, and catering as assigned.
- Cleaning equipment and work areas
- Adhering to strict food safety guidelines.
- Fast-paced environment in which employee must be able to quickly move from one task to another
- Long periods of standing in stationary position; in warm-to-hot environment
- Tasks require pushing carts, carrying/moving items up to 20 lbs, bending, lifting, reaching, and twisting
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read English to follow recipes, read menus/meal tickets and job flows.
- Ability to speak proficient English.
- Strong customer service skills and food safety knowledge are required.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Must have basic knife skills and be able to operate food service equipment
- Prior food handling and/or grill experience preferred