Vehicle Condition Inspector
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
***This position will offer a $1,000 signing bonus to be paid out at 90 days of employment***
This position is remote. You need to reside (in, near, within): Jacksonville FL
If you like cars and have an eye for all that’s right and wrong with everything on wheels, this could be the role for you. It's a cool gig, visiting different dealerships each day, talking with lots of interesting people, and working outdoors. The Manheim Express Automotive Inspectors are responsible for providing complete vehicle condition reports onsite at our client's locations.
What You’ll Do
Inspectors look over vehicles to identify the flaws and faults and document it all!
- Verify vehicle information– identify damage and mechanical problems (i.e., interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment).
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation.
- Locate, start, move, inspect, and return vehicles on dealer’s lots safely.
- Understand basic NAAA frame/structure guidelines as well as common vehicle condition flaws and how to identify them.
- Understanding of Baseline Inspections & vehicle grading
- Perform basic mechanical checks on vehicles including powertrain, drivetrain, and electrical components.
- Functions as a solid team player and work closely with teammates, field sales, and customer care to create a superior customer experience.
- Will partner with our Clients to inspect vehicles at their location. There will also be responsibility to ask for more inventory when at Clients location.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- 3 years of experience in related field.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Reliable transportation is required. Mileage reimbursed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Motivated and ability to work with remote supervision.
- Good organizational skills needed.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction required.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge
- Familiarity with unibody and full-frame vehicles
- SalesForce.com experience
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 10 lbs. at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Subject to outside environmental conditions on a daily basis
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.