INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY - UF SOUTHSIDE'S WOMEN'S HLTH CENTER
Scope of the Job
Under the supervision of the Director of Prenatal Diagnosis and Director of Gynecologic Ultrasound, is responsible for the supervision of ultrasonographers and maintains the technical aspects of ultrasound services. Functions as a liaison between physicians and technologists and area support staff. Recommends equipment modification and evaluates quality and accuracy of ultrasound images. Will also perform duties of ultrasonographer. Performs obstetric and gynecologic diagnostic ultrasound exams. Assists with the invasive procedures as needed. Directs, coordinates and controls testing activities in the unit. Produces clinical reports based on data resulting from diagnostic ultrasound exams.
- Maintains patient privacy.
- Assigns ultrasonographer's additional responsibilities as needed to include but not limited to: monitoring Quality Assurance, NT lab completion, equipment cleaning.
- In coordination with Director of Prenatal Diagnosis and Director of Gynecologic Ultrasound, assists staff ultrasonographer's to develop and maintain clinical and technical skills.
- Monitors and maintains ultrasonographer educational standards.
- Ensures that AIUM accreditation is current and coordinates renewal processes.
- Takes the lead in establishing effective two way communication between physicians ultrasonographers.
- Monitors and balances daily workflow.
- Operates ultrasound unit in accordance with industry and departmental standards.
- Evaluates images/findings to rule out abnormalities.
- Assists with invasive procedures using ultrasound guidance.
- Age of Patients: __x_ All Ages ___ Adults Only ___ Pediatrics Only
Adhere to all regulatory requirements such as, JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA, etc.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
Knowledge of modern diagnostic sonography. Effectively communicates procedures to patients. Accurately communicates verbally and in writing, diagnostic indicators to medical staff.
5 years clinical experience as a sonographer in an OBGYN related field.
Current ARDMS certification. Current BLS certification. High school diploma or GED equivalent. AMA Allied Health background. NT certification and Fetal Echo Registry preferred.
# of Hires Needed