Requisition Number: REHAB01814
Do you like to work with your hands and like to fix things? Are you ready to become part of a team that is responsible for renovating & maintaining an apartment community and providing exceptional service to community residents?
Currently we are recruiting for a Renovation Specialist position which is an important part of our team. The right candidate needs to be a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
The work responsibilities include, but is not limited to, taking out all the trash, filling in nail holes and/or repairing sheetrock, general and finish carpentry, cabinets/countertop removal and installation, texture and acoustic, sanding, staining, and sealing, painting of all walls and ceilings as required, making repairs to the units as needed according to the property checklist supplied by the property and/or property specifications. Additionally, responsibilities may include assisting with preventative maintenance programs and completing follow up service requests.
Position also requires the ability to transport a minimum of 50 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to walk, bend, kneel, and reach to perform above duties as stated; the ability to work outdoors on a consistent basis in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Just some of the perks of working at Weller Real Estate Group:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual salary reviews
- Advancement opportunities
- On the job training
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, company paid life & disability
- 401k with company matching
- Employee perk program that offers corporate rates & discounts
- Vacation, sick/personal, floating holidays & holidays
- Housing discounts
- Great people working in a dynamic team atmosphere
The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and present a positive, professional image. In addition, the position requires the following:
- Ability to deal well with people
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Mold awareness
- Asbestos awareness
- Use of construction equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, paint equipment, ladders and safety equipment
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel that includes proper footwear, such as safety toe work boots
- No specific level of education is required. However, for safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance. The position requires the ability to furnish their own vehicle and to transport supplies around the property and have the ability to drive off-site as required. Persons must be able to drive the vehicle without jeopardizing the safety of residents and fellow associates.
If interested in the position, please apply online now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.