A Test Engineer works under the direction of the Test Lead to apply the principles and concepts of software testing to the Allegis operating environment in order to improve business capabilities. The Test Engineer performs software testing activities independently or confers with more senior staff on complex or non-routine issues. A person in this role works according to well-defined objectives aligned with specific job functions.
* Develops re-usable manual test scripts with enough detail to be executed by other team members.
* Logs defects in the test management systems (e.g., ALM, VersionOne).
* Assists team in troubleshooting issues found during testing.
* Contributes to the test plan and to user stories to provide acceptance criteria and expected results.
* Works with the subject matter expert in assisting the product / project teams.
* Uses specialized tools with guidance. Leverages tools to improve test efficiency.
* Executes reports from the test management systems.
* Estimates own work load and consistently meets those estimates; refines estimates as needed
* Identifies opportunities to improve testing processes to improve efficiency.
* BS/BA degree in a related field and/or comparable industry related experience required.
* 3 - 5 years of related industry experience working as a tester with a development / IS team, preferably in an Agile environment
* Solid understanding of Agile principles
* Experience using test management systems like Microfocus ALM and VersionOn
* Experience with ERP or other large, enterprise level systems a must. Experience with SmartERP or a similar on boarding application is preferred.
* Collaborate with the team to understand key business processes and applications.
* Effective communication skills.
* Ability to research, investigate and learn new technologies.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to manage time, multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Quick learner who is able to adapt to changing priorities and learn new systems.
* Customer Service
* Building Relationships
* Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
* Self-Motivation/Self Starter
* Leading Self and Others
***Position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Since our company was founded in 1983, the Allegis Group Companies continue to be an organization of employees who are driven to succeed and motivated by a strong desire to serve others. We seek to understand our, customers', consultants' and contract employees' needs and challenges in order to fully meet and exceed their expectations. We provide opportunities for job seekers that align with their skill sets and career ambitions and match our customers' expectations. We constantly partner with our colleagues to further the overall objectives of the organization and we embrace opportunities to give back to the communities where we live and work.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.