Tracing our earliest roots to 1866, VTG has built a 150-year legacy of combining innovative technologies, deep domain knowledge, and advanced engineering and technical expertise with the agility needed to meet our Defense and National Security customers' most challenging and dynamic mission requirements. VTG delivers force modernization and digital transformation solutions that expand America's competitive advantage in the modern battlespace. Whether at sea, in the air, on land, or in cyberspace, our agile solutions ensure our Defense and National Security customers meet their most challenging and dynamic mission requirements. VTG delivers Tomorrow's Transformation Today.
VTG is seeking a Security Systems Elecrtronic Technician in Jacksonville, FL.
Specific duties include: General technical knowledge to build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and electrical or electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties:
- Discusses standard layout and assembly procedures and problems with senior level technicians.
- May draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Review the system logs and error logs for any problem indications
- Physical inspection of all access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection devices to insure full functionality and proper alignment
- Test each access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection device installed to verify correct operations are recorded on the system log
- Test each backup battery installed in each ACS/IDS sub-system enclosure
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance to supervisor.
- Sets up standard test apparatus and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Utilizes technical reports and charts, graphs, and schematics for system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions with supervisor.
- (3) years of maintenance experience with physical security access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection system hardware.
- (3) years of maintenance experience with one or more systems in each of the following categories: Access Control System (ACS), LENEL, AMAG, VINDICATOR, HIRSCH,
- SOFTWARE HOUSE - Intrusion Detection System (IDS): BOSCH, VINDICATOR, DIGITIZE - Closed Circuit Television (CCTV): AMERICAN DYNAMICS, PELCO, AXIS, INTERLOGIX, BOSCH, AVIGILON, MILESTONE, TOSHIBA SURVEILLIX
- Certifications in any of the above a plus.
- Valid passport for international travel
The place of performance for this project shall be the Pacific Area of Responsibility to include but not limited to Pearl City, Hawaii, Pearl Harbor, Maui, Saipan, Kaneohe Marine Corp Base, Hawaii (MCB HI), Japan, American Samoa, Pago Pago and Guam.
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.