Scope of the Job
To implement clinical research and to insure compliance with clinical protocols, institutional regulations and federal (FDA) requirements; to ensure quality health care through careful monitoring of all patients and procedures; to support and conduct research for assigned study protocols under the direction of the Research Manager.
- Plan, implement and monitor participant recruitment and retention procedures. Screen and interview study participants.
- Interpret and implement protocol procedures and policy.
- Maintain case report forms, charts and documentation, and regulatory compliance and binders.
- Collect and enter Research data, and review lab and procedure results.
- Dispense medication and maintain records.
- Open communication with study sponsor, Internal Review Board, and Research Office.
- Assist study monitors and sponsors with site visits.
- Process research purchase orders and payment vouchers.
- Assist Audit Services with internal study audits and reports.
- Maintain up-to-date sponsor training as required per specific study.
Adhere to company policies and procedures, demonstrate the core values and Hospitality behaviors, resolve conflict through open, honest, professional communication, demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude, keep supervisor and leadership apprised of issues, and seek opportunities to recognize others.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Possesses critical thinking, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a professional and positive demeanor.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative in supporting research of the department.
- Basic computer literacy and arithmetic skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Lab drawing equipment, Biohazard Safety equipment use.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Understanding of clinical research process.
- Knowledge and application of approved Clinical Practices.
- Familiar with the Code of Federal Regulations as they pertain to human subject clinical research and understanding of the clinical research process.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and database management.
2 years of research experience required
Education and Certifications
Florida licensed Registered Nurse or LPN preferred
UFJPI is an Equal Opportunity Institution
# of Hires Needed