Production Technician - Weekend Shift
Job title: Production Technician
Shift: 5am - 5pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Production Technician is responsible for performing the manufacturing requirements as outlined for the work center of assignment.
- Production Technician assembles cell, battery or manufactured product based on area of assignment. The Operator may assemble modules or battery systems, tests/repair the battery electrical systems within the battery container or work in various cell manufacturing departments.
- Comply with all company safety policies to ensure accident-free facility. They may be required to lift heavy objects up to 35 pounds, stand for long periods of time or kneel in small places for extended amounts of time. Physical upper body strength and agility is required.
- Meet daily production schedule based on customer demands. Monitor key indicators to ensure customer’s orders are completed on time.
- Maintain equipment at optimal efficiency while remaining within process specifications established by product and process engineering.
- Develop knowledge, skills and experience in cell manufacturing and quality standards, battery assembly and troubleshooting, high voltage and in electrical applications. (As required for assignment)
- Operators are expected to continue skill development through assigned, and self-paced training opportunities by completion of hands-on training, qualification checklists and service time in a particular operator level
Education: High School Diploma, Higher education preferred.
Requirement/Experience: Basic competencies in math, oral and written communication. Reasoning ability and computer literacy.
Saft America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.