Mercedes-Benz USA is
responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and
Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous
commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity,
Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication.
We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team
and uphold these hallmarks.
The Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for
providing engineering expertise to the Parts Distribution Centers (PDC) by improving
end-to-end material flow, designing systematic layouts, optimizing space
utilization, and leading continuous improvement initiatives. This role provides
analysis to leadership to ensure that operational processes are efficient,
cost-effective, and of highest quality to meet customer requirements and
- Leads cross-functional teams tasked withidentifying and eliminating inefficiencies within layout, process, and materialflow to ensure the most cost-effective and quality design.
- Designs storage locations to maximize the PDC’savailable cubic space to reduce labor and material handling costs whileutilizing optimal WMS configurations.
- Leads all Lean Management initiatives acrossHome Office and North America PDC Network teams including training, sponsoring,and facilitating of continuous improvement workshops to improve end-to-endsupply chain inefficiencies.
- Responsible for all Environmental Health& Safety and Dangerous Goods initiatives by identifying and resolvingnoncompliant processes within PDC.
- Collaborates with international and domesticleadership teams to support ad-hoc process improvement and standardizationopportunities that ensure the most effective and efficient processes.
- Represents the PDC as a liaison forunderstanding unique site infrastructure, storage system configurations, andplanning for all business unit and IT integration projects.
- Develops PDC productivity targets byanalyzing operational parameters and communicating recommendations toleadership teams.
- Manages large-scale strategic initiativesacross all project planning phases including initiation, planning, execution,and closure that add value to internal and external customers.
- Calculates cycle time using work measurement techniques,determines standard work, and communicates the results to leadership teams toenhance daily labor planning tools.
- Evaluates alternative and emerging warehousetechnologies and their potential benefits to quality, productivity, and safetyto the North America PDC Network.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of demonstrated experiencein the following:
- AutoCAD/Solidworksmodeling, Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MSProject)
- Understandingof warehouse processes (receiving through shipping), external systems that mayinterface with the WMS, and peripheral interface devices (RF, printers, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in:
- Industrialand Systems Engineering (Preferred)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to
fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity
of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age,
national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.