Our facilities in Jacksonville and Amelia Island specialize in the most advanced radiation oncology therapies available for all types of cancer. The interdisciplinary team at Ackerman Cancer Center is professional, compassionate, and dedicated to the highest level of care for patients and their families.
Ackerman Cancer Center is the leading oncology practice in North Florida. The Community Relations Specialist represents the brand and assists with driving strategies to increase community, patient and physician awareness. The position is designed to reward critical problem solving, out of the box thinking and a resourceful attitude. The position works very close with management and our physicians to conceptualize, develop and facilitate our marketing media plan and community engagement initiatives.
This position is responsible for positioning the organization as a valued patient and community resource as well as a leader in the oncology field.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the development and implementation of patient engagement and community outreach initiatives and events
- Measure performance of strategic marketing and advertising campaigns
- Lead social media, digital marketing and email marketing campaigns; act as liaison with outside vendors
- Monitor trends in the healthcare industry, particularly oncology and radiation therapy
- Track and evaluate patient referral trends; recommend opportunities for growth; pull reports and analyze data
- Maintain Ackerman Cancer Center website, blog and web-based platforms
- Ensure Ackerman Cancer Center’s brand image and guidelines are maintained and consistent throughout the practice
- Assist in the planning of community outreach, physician education and staff events
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, public relations or related field
- Passion for helping patients
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Proficient with research and statistical skills
- impeccable attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Proficiency with social media outlets and digital marketing channels
- 2+ years marketing or public relations experience in the medical field
- Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, or business administration
- Experience with website editing and graphic design (Wordpress, Adobe)
- Portfolio demonstrating leadership results for marketing campaigns and social media initiatives