The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Marketing Analytics & Insights Manager is part of the WWP Marketing team that oversees the creation and execution of marketing strategy for various business units within the organization. The Marketing Analytics and Insights Manager analyzes and interprets both Marketing Activity and Market Research by gathering, processing, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative data and qualitative information about key audiences and segments and their desires, needs, motivation, and opinions, and then identifying and isolating actionable insights to inform strategies and activities and ultimately maximize desired actions and outcomes.
Positon available in the following locations: Jacksonville, FL; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Colorado Springs, CO; Fayetteville, NC; Houston, TX; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC; Seattle, WA *IMPORTANT: Our current WWP Seattle, WA business location will be relocating to the Tacoma, WA area in early 2020.*
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the marketing team efforts in the planning, development and maintenance of the systems and processes required to accurately capture, aggregate, report and analyze insights for key audiences and marketing activities.
- Define, document and implement governance and processes for analytics within the marketing team with clear standards for data usage, measurement approaches, and reporting best practices.
- Develop, maintain and analyze reports and dashboards on key metrics (e.g. web traffic, lead generation, return on investment (ROI), conversions, awareness, marketing attribution, and trends) and provide insight to the Marketing team and key stakeholders.
- Work with Marketing teammates to develop research plans, including quantitative and qualitative research, experiments, and A/B tests designed to improve and optimize conversion rates across a variety of channels such as paid and organic search, display advertising, email, direct mail and web properties.
- Research, document and report on analytics industry trends, best practices, and opportunities.
- Understand, track, and provide a holistic understanding of WWP's audiences, i.e., warrior, donor, supporter.
- Translate business issues and opportunities into appropriate research and analytics questions and solutions.
- Develop, execute, and maintain plans for internal education and insights sessions designed to inform and empower teammates and stakeholders on key issues related to marketing analytics.
- Effectively manage or develop strong interpersonal relationships with appropriate external agencies and vendors.
- Use and recommend appropriate strategies and tactics, i.e., data and statistical analysis, testing, and modeling, to provide strategic recommendations for optimizing WWP's marketing efforts including tactics to maximize ROI.
- Provide analytics and reporting and uncover insights that improve customer acquisition, segmentation, targeting, and return on marketing investment. Advise on the points of intersection. Act as a consultative lead with organization partners for marketing and business analysis projects aimed to maximize the achievement of business objectives.
- Leverage organizational market, brand, and partner research, and strategic analytics and insights activity to guide marketing and engagement decisions and surface new opportunities.
- Assist in developing and evolving the best research approaches including qualitative and quantitative consumer insights programs, that will move strategy forward, inform decisions, and lead to optimal outcomes.
- Collaborate with program and resource development teammates, external vendors, and agencies to creatively bring research findings to life and communicate insights as compelling stories that will inform and incite action.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated functional expertise in a broad array of data and marketing subjects, including database marketing, market research, email marketing, social media/content marketing, analytics tools, data visualization, and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing analysis concepts, KPIs, ROI, conversion, optimization, modeling, and analytics.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and effectively execute multiple projects with dynamic priorities and timelines.
- Experience using or administering email, marketing automation and reporting, and data visualization tools, e.g., CRM, Tableau, CliqView, PowerBI.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook/Calendar)
- Strong understanding and ability to uncover actionable insights from analytics platforms, including Google Analytics.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to think creatively, proactively, and analytically, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the latest developments, industry trends, and best practices for marketing, media, and business analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency using custom and syndicated measurement tools and brand and communications assessment methodologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency analyzing qualitative and quantitative research.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships, and effectively interact with diverse individuals. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships e.g., partnerships, third-party, organizations, community roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate to diverse and specific audiences. Confident and persuasive communicator with demonstrated ability to present information clearly and effectively. Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and dynamic presentations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- A high energy, results-focused self-starter with positivity, curiosity and enthusiasm, willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years of first-hand experience establishing and using marketing data analytics.
- Three years' experience working with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Three years of relevant analytics and insight experience in an advertising or marketing setting.
- One year of staff management experience, e.g., directly managing analytics professionals.
- Master of Business Administration degree, or an analysis-related post-graduate degree.
- Three years of experience in consumer-based research including fieldwork and survey design.
- One year of non-profit marketing analysis experience.
- Three years of experience planning, developing, and optimizing an initial data analytics process and plan.
Certifications & Licensure