Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Req Number: 20808
Waste Pro of Florida
107 Strickland St-STRK
We are currently searching for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of maintenance shop employees and directing the workflow to ensure the safety and productivity of Waste pro vehicles, equipment and / or containers. This role may act as manager-on-duty in the absence of other managerial personnel and handles a broad array of management responsibilities.
1. Diagnoses mechanical problems and performs repairs and maintenance on Waste Pro equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR and/or repair orders. Road test vehicles to diagnose problems and confirm completed repairs.
2.Supervises team of employees who are responsible for the repair, installation and maintenance of Waste Pro machinery and heavy-duty equipment, including but not limited to, Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Portable Restrooms, and Containers.
3. Prepares and reviews all repair orders to ensure that labor, materials, and parts are properly charged, and work is completed according to established guidelines. Maintains logs of repairs performed on each vehicle.
4. Recommends hiring actions, coach, counsel and evaluate performance, identify training opportunities, monitor and track employee attendance, complete disciplinary actions/meetings and apply Positive Leadership principles. Trains employees in proper work methods, equipment operation, and enforces safety rules and regulations.
5. Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with the managers, drivers, helpers, mechanics and admin etc
6. Identify equipment and parts needs and procures parts, within assigned spending limits, necessary to complete repairs. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Maintenance Manager as appropriate.
7. Participates in the safety lane process, reviews DVIR's (Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports), determines repair priorities, assigns and reviews work of several mechanics. Inspects trucks and tools and monitors maintenance activities, verifying the quality of work performed to ensure safety and productivity procedures are followed.
Essential Functions- The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
* Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Inside facility, outside environment exposed to weather and vibrations from trucks and maintenance facility.
* Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and systems related to Heave Duty and Light Duty Trucks.
* Knowledge of fuel systems,
* A high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and two years of vehicle / hydraulic maintenance or welding experience;
* Minimum of two years supervisory or progressively responsible experience in a lead role.
* Valid Class A or B CDL. Must meet Waste Pro requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
* Mechanic school certification and / or ASE certification preferred.
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
* Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company.