Job title: Logistics Specialist
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Responsible for all aspects of customer orders, planning, and logistics for manufactured products. Position will lead various projects and initiatives towards the efficient procurement of materials.
This will come through better understanding of initial customer orders, timely entry into the system, as well as coordination with Purchasing.
Manage the team responsible for all materials/equipment until they are delivered to the customer based on the INCO terms of the contract. This includes material receipt and tracking of on
time delivery. Position will lead various projects and initiatives towards the maintenance and tracking of on hand inventories, the reduction of material dollars, the disposition of obsolete and
slow moving materials, shipment of hazardous materials, and scrap recycling.
Liaise on inbound sea and airfreight logistics to the United States / The Americas from China/and or additional foreign partners. Assist in discrepancies in invoice related to ocean shipments & port fees. In addition, check and validate invoices for payment. Work with and assist other customs team members to ensure parts enter the US / The Americas in a correct & timely manner and all documentation is accurate and fully in compliance with customs rules and regulations.
- Manage the order processing, in respect of the project & customer requirements.
- Schedule & secure the logistic and workflow based on projects due date and test requirements.
- Ensure sales demand are timely received and closely work with operational teams to establish sourcing, production & delivery plans.
- Be focal points with project teams and keep them informed of goods delivery.
- Analyze shipping data regarding potential issues with shipments (delays, insufficient space on ships) for both domestic and export.
- Create and manage shipping schedule to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed of shipping schedule changes, amendments or any issues regarding timeline challenges that may arise.
- Liaise with stakeholders on necessary custom/logistic related communications to freight forwarders. Keep a central database of communications published & important feedback from carrier partners.
- Maintain paperwork according to document retention procedures and create detailed and complete notes as required for recordkeeping purposes.
- Manage to realize a reliable and robust procurement process.
- Organize warehouse management, inventory, efficiency analysis of discrepancies.
- Ensure a proper stock management of raw material, finished goods and spare part.
- Assist with external Customs Compliance, Import and Export Statistics report by compiling all
- necessary data to ensure maintains customs compliance per applicable law and guidelines.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Logistic knowledge, MRP, WMS, computer skills, supervisory skills, safety knowledge. CIQ regulation. Battery knowledge is a plus.
Business Understanding: International business environment. With good commercial sense and business result-driving. supply chain experience. Knowledge of logistics principles, warehouse
management principles and planning strategies. Senior knowledge level of ERP systems and their function within the Projects environment. In depth experience in QAD preferred.
Education: Bachelors Degree. FA or BS in business related principles preferred.
Specific Knowledge: Experience with ERP systems, ability to multi-task, great attention to detail
Saft America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.