ESS- PMS Systems Engineer
Job title PMS Systems Engineer
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The system engineer defines the specification, the architecture and the interfaces of the product to satisfy customer requirements. They are responsible for performances / technical requirements of the product and their implementation into sub-systems. They are responsible for the conformity of the design to the product requirements. The Systems Engineer supports engineering teams to ensure the right design and specifications of sub-systems requirements and their design with customer needs.
- Responsible for performances / technical requirements of the product and their implementation into sub-systems. He is responsible for the conformity of the design to the product requirements.
- Performs electrical system design definition to ensure product design for the US market with respect to technical requirement, design quality, product, and costs and according to rules and building blocks.
- Defines the architecture (Batteries + Power Conversion + Scada or Power Management Systems)and the specification of the product and validates the specification of sub-systems.
- Support the specification of sub-systems and the verification cross matrix.
- Performs electrical system design by following best practices. Develops high level design specs, block diagrams, system interfaces, partitions resources, compliances matrices, and uses technical and economic trade-offs to establish best system design.
- Implements Solution integration tests and consistency of tool associated.
- Validates product/Solution tests procedure and approves the product tests results.
- Establish the system level technical specifications in agreement with customer requirements, safety aspects and US regulations. Establish the electrical subsystems requirements for the product.
- Writes the documents justifying conformity to requirements and qualification plan strategy.
- Customization of the electronic and electrical system (ESS Battery + Power Conversion + SCADA/Power Management System) by reusing and/or customizing the building blocks developed by Head Quarter team in order to fit with customer requirements, market regulation.
Experience / Knowledge
- BS degree in Systems Engineering preferred, other disciplines considered.
- Min 2-3 years of experience in systems engineering environment.
- Fully fluent in English. French speaking a plus.
- Skilled in MS office (includes MS Project), PLM and ERP systems.
- Proven team environment successes
- Strong business acumen, result driven, demanding and persevering.
- High energy, positive individual loving operational challenges
- Proactivity and reactivity
Saft America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.