The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Donor Systems Manager manages a team responsible for implementing, administering, and improving technology applications for WWP fundraising efforts, and partners with WWP staff and vendors to resolve business issues in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a team to maintain, integrate, and modernize WWP SaaS and on-premise applications that support our fundraising efforts.
- Execute current solution implementations.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer applications.
- Achieve a balanced application portfolio to ensure long-term roadmaps are aligned with company goals and strategies.
- Develop a customer service-oriented team providing exceptional results in alignment with program requirements.
- Develop team strategy and objectives with program requirements as guidelines.
- Guide the design, implementation, and delivery of work within the team.
- Oversee team deliverables and track status of current projects and maintenance activities.
- Oversee team processes and monitor metrics, and implement continuous improvements to elevate the team's efficiency.
- Assign technical resources to conduct analyses of user requests to determine scope, time estimates, and system impact.
- Manage teammate development and retention, including coaching, mentoring, objectives setting, performance management.
- Oversee work delivered by contractors and development partners.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to best support WWP initiatives.
- Work closely with and develop strong relationships with business partners. Follow through on team commitments and communications with stakeholders to strengthen transparency and trust with business partners.
- Identify possible risks and inform leadership.
- Identify and evaluate non-profit industry trends to serve as a source of information and advice for future projects.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, and mentoring teams. Proven management skills that foster an open dialog with staff. Team-oriented with a desire to engage with others on day-to-day activities.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful outcome, providing excellent customer service to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage information technology applications functions, e.g. software development, implementation, support and maintenance services, scope management, timeline, budget, software development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile, and Scrum.
- Demonstrated practical technical and business domain experience with custom and vendor applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology concepts, applications, and systems.
- Strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and resolve problems. Ability to influence others to gain consensus on the most effective solution.
- Demonstrated understanding of single sign‐on solution development, and implementation (Microsoft preferred) of dashboards and reports development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to document processes.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze information and identify and define problems.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely to various audiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, e.g. Visio, Project, Excel.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Seven years of experience in information technology.
- Five years of staff management experience.
- Three years of experience working with CRM technologies and/or fundraising systems.
- Three years of experience working with Agile, Scrum, and Scrum Master.
- Two years of experience in IT project management.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time including overnight and weekend travel
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Two years of experience with a nonprofit organization.
Certifications & Licensure
- Salesforce Administration Certification preferred.